- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Angiology
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine of New Jersey
- IEEE Millennium Medal International Union of Physiological Sciences Award
- First Paper Awards, Bioengineering Conferences
- Johnson and Johnson and Becton-Dickinson Industrial Educational Grant Awards
- NSF Research Initiation Award
- Rutgers Patent/Inventor Awards and Rutgers Published Author Teacher of the Year Award
- Rutgers School of Engineering Invited Speaker: Santa Fe Institute, UK-USA Technology Watch Seminars and Universities
- Invited Speaker: national and international biomedical engineering and cardiovascular conferences
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Cardiovascular System
- Dynamics Society
Editor-in-chief, Cardiovascular Engineering: An International Journal, Springer
Editor-in-chief, Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering Book Series, World Scientific
Associate Editor, Comments on Theoretical Biology Journal
Associate Editor, Proceedings of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Conferences
Chairman, Scientific Session on Cardiopulmonary Modeling, IEEE-EMBS
Chairman, Cardiovascular Engineering Track, Biomedical Engineering Society, 2007 (organized 14 sessions)
Chairman, Track on Cardiac Mechanics, IEEE EMBS, Shanghai
Chairman, IEEE Engineering in Medicine in Biology Chapter, Princeton-Central Jersey Section
Dissertation Reviewer for foreign universities including Indian Institute of Technology and Tel-Aviv University
Promotion and Tenure evaluation for US and foreign universities
Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, American Journal of Physiology, others
Grant review panels for NIH, NSF, UK and Canada
The Cardiovascular Engineering, Modeling and Devices (CVMD) group collaborates globally with universities and medical centers in the US, Europe and China. Current research interests focus on cardiac and vascular mechanics, hemodynamics of hypertension and heart failure, modeling for diagnostic and therapeutic applications, noninvasive, wearable, near-infrared, mobile and cardiac assist devices, as well as trans-catheter, neuro-engineering and controlled drug delivery technology. Our lab has graduated more than 85 Ph.D. and M.S. students and mentored over 140 senior design students.
- Li, J.K-J.,Dynamics of the Vascular System. World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, London, Shanghai, 2004.
- Li, J.K-J., The Arterial Circulation: Physical Principles and Clinical Applications. Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, 2000.
- Drzewiecki G., and J. K-J. Li (editors), Analysis and Assessment of Cardiovascular Function. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1998.
- Li, J.K-J., Comparative Cardiovascular Dynamics of Mammals. CRC Press, Boca Raton. 1996.
- Li, J.K-J., Arterial System Dynamics. New York University Press, New York, 1987.
- Atlas, G., S. Dhar and J. K-J. Li, “Pulsatile Aortic Pressure-Flow Analysis using Fractional Calculus for Non-invasive Applications,” J. Biomed. Eng. and Systems, 2014.
- Atlas, G., J. K-J. Li and J.B. Kostis, “A Comparison of Mathematical Models of Left Ventricular Contractility Derived from Aortic Blood Flow Velocity and Acceleration: Application to the Esophageal Doppler Monitor,” Biomed. Eng. Lett. 2014.
- Kerkhof, P.L.M., J.Y. Kresh, J. K-J. Li and G.R. Heyndrickx, “Left Ventricular Volume Regulation in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction,” Physiol. Report, 1(2):1-10, 2013.
- Li, J. K-J., “Emerging Cardiovascular Monitoring and Drug Delivery Technology,” Proc. 2nd World Forum Emerging Industry, 2013.
- Phan, T.S. and J. K-J. Li, “Reduced-Order Nonlinear Arterial Compliance Parameter Estimation Under Vasoactive States,” Proc. IEEE Signal Proc Med. Biol. Symp., 2013.
- Wang, Q., K. Zhang, I.Marsic, J. K-J. Li and F. Moerchen, , “Patient-friendly Detection of Early Peripheral Arterial Diseases (PAD) by Budgeted Sensor Selection,” Proc. 6th Internat. Conf. Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (PervasiveHealth), 2012.
- Khavulya, D., J. Tanedo and J. K-J. Li, “Rapid Monitoring of Brain Auditory Evoked Potentials in Spontaneous Cerebral Hypoxia,” Proc. 38th NE Bioeng. Conf., 2012.